As part of a leading international litigation funding organisation, Tom recognised that the time and energy exhausted on administrative duties could be better spent towards vital client work.
Moreover, as the executives who needed assistance were stationed in Hong Kong and Singapore respectively, Tom needed a practical solution to improve productivity.
And the solution came in the form of VA-SG’s ad-hoc service offerings.
VA-SG’s flexible style of working and remote assistance fit perfectly with IMF Bentham’s needs. The packages that VA-SG offers, with a minimum of three months retainer ensures that rapport is built between the virtual assistant and clients. This eliminates time spent on extra training to familiarise staff with company protocols, thus maintaining efficiency.
With an IMF Bentham office in Singapore, VA-SG turned out to be the perfect solution. Our virtual assistant who works remotely could relieve the burdens of administrative work and could still be easily reachable for face-to-face meetings.
By mid 2017, VA-SG officiated an ongoing retainer with IMF Bentham to carry out administrative duties and assist their executives.
Since then, we have worked together to establish a relationship that focuses on increased efficiency.
Meetings are held at IMF Bentham’s office in Singapore on a bi-weekly basis to help confirm that the services VA-SG provides are aligned with the company’s goals. The meetings provide great feedback and guarantee quality virtual assistant services that meet the client’s future needs.
VA-SG allocates one virtual assistant for IMF Bentham’s administrative needs. Our representative focuses on assisting the two executives stationed in Hong Kong and Singapore respectively.
Some of the regular tasks include:
- Assisting two executives on day-to-day operations;
- Email and calendar management;
- As the clients require to travel frequently, our VA creates and manages travel arrangements according to the client’s specific protocols;
- Managing conference dial-ins for global clients, including liaising with conference attendees via email;
- Collating and recording corporate expenses receipts made using the corporate card or cash for claimants to the IMF Bentham headquarters in Sydney, Australia;
- Working closely with CRM managers at IMF Bentham’s business development HQ in New York to establish a structure for Name Card Data Entry as well as data collection maintenance;
- Any other administrative tasks that the client requires, both within and outside agreed hours, on an ad-hoc basis.
It’s been a year since the partnership between Tom and VA-SG began, and it’s been one of our most exciting projects thus far.
Below are a few words from Tom Glasgow on his experience working with us.
Give us a bit of background of yourself.
I lead the Asia operations for IMF Bentham, a leading international litigation funder. We recently started operations in Singapore working out of a serviced office and I have been using VA-SG for 12 months.
What’s your favourite motivational quote?
“Never reheat a soufflé.”
Tell us why you chose to outsource particular tasks.
We did not have need for a full-time assistant but required ad-hoc services from time to time.
Why did you choose us over other companies?
I spoke to Liyana. She was responsive and offered a great service at a reasonable and flexible price. I didn’t feel the need to try elsewhere.
After 12 months of working with us, do you find outsourcing to be beneficial?
Absolutely. In many situations I would say it is more efficient and cost-effective than permanent assistance.
Does having a VA to handle your tasks help with your work-life balance?
Yes. It means I get to sleep six hours a night instead of four!
How do you prefer communicating with your VA?
Email and WhatsApp are great, but I always look forward to our fortnightly office visits too.
What are the three things, in your opinion, businesses should look out for in a VA?
In my opinion, a virtual assistant should:
- Have strong service ethic
- Be flexible while carrying out tasks
- Be highly responsive
Interested in more details about our services? Contact us today and like Tom, hopefully, you’ll get more time to sleep in, too!